Local Gem Shows
The following list of upcoming local gem, mineral and jewelry shows has been compiled by CCM&GS; from various sources and is updated periodically. For references to additional events and shows. For gem & mineral shows throughout the USA, check show dates at Rock & Gem Magazine.
Although this list is updated about every month, your best bet for up to date information is to check the CCM&GS; Club Calendar which is typically updated within 12 hours of notice of a new event or an event change.
Don’t forget! The Spring North Bay Field Trips meeting is April 11th. The Saturday BEFORE the CCM&GS; meeting.
Come hear about the latest field trips. This is a great networking opportunity that is NOT just for field trip leaders. It is open to all members who are interested in field trips. It is always lots of fun! We Socialize, talk about upcoming field trips, and hear about others that just happened.
Don’t forget to bring a dish to share at the potluck lunch and any rocks you would like to donate to the silent auction.
The meeting will be at the San Francisco Gem & Mineral Society club house at 4134 Judah Street, San Francisco. Although the club has no parking lot they will have someone available to assist if you need to double-park for a few minutes to off-load rocks and potluck dishes. There is plenty of free parking nearby without time limits. Just don’t park in the 7-11 parking lot.
- APRIL 4 & 5, 2015, Chico, CA (**Note location change!**) 58th Annual Paradise Gem & Mineral Society Show SILVER DOLLAR FAIRGROUNDS (In the large COMMERCIAL BUILDING) 2357 Fair St., Chico, CA 95928, Saturday 9 am to 5 pm; Sunday 9 am to 4 pm.
- APRIL 18 & 19, 2015, SAN JOSE, CA 95111 Santa Clara County Gem & Mineral Society 60th Annual Gem Show Santa Clara County Fairgrounds, 344 Tully Road San Jose, CA, Saturday 10 AM to 6 PM & Sunday 10 AM to 5 PM.
- APRIL 25 & 26, 2015, SANTA CRUZ, CA 95060 Santa Cruz Mineral & Gem Society Show, Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium (corner of Center & Church) 307 Church Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 Sat & Sun 10 am to 5 pm.
- May 2 – 3: JACKSON, CA, Amador County Gem & Mineral Society Kennedy Mine, 12594 Kennedy Mine Rd (off Hwy 49/88) Hours: 10 – 4 daily.
- May 2 – 3: YUCAIPA, CA, Yucaipa Valley Gem & Mineral Society New Location:, Adams St. & Yucaipa Blvd. – Tent in street Hours: Sat 11 – 7, Sun. 12 – 4, Contact: Dennis Anderson.
- May 9 – 10: ESCONDIDO, CA, Palomar Gem & Mineral Club California Center for the Arts, 340 N. Escondido Blvd. Hours: Sat 10 – 5; Sun 10 – 4, Contact: Gayle Hamilton.
- MAY 9 & 10, 2015, RENO, NV 89512, Reno Gem & Mineral Society Gem Show Reno Livestock Events Center, Exhibit Hall, 1350 N. Wells Ave. Reno, NV Saturday 10 AM to 5 PM, Sunday 10 AM to 4 PM.
The Mother Lode Mineral Society is hosting a field trip to the Tonopah, Nevada, Gem Field May 23-25, 2015. The materials to be collected include rhyolite, agate and jasper. There are Motels in Tonopah and dry camping at Gem Field. Other items of interest include the Tonopah Historic Mining Park and the Hidden treasure Trading Company in Goldfield. There is surface material and, if you are willing to work a bit you can collect from the face. Bring a small pick,, sledge hammer and gads if you are planning to get energetic. As always, I will have a handout with all the contact information at the next meeting